Saturday, November 19, 2011

Final Project Proposal

For my final project, I am going to explain why I believe that the Westernization of practicing yoga has gone too far. Specially in America, I feel that the goal of yoga, the fashion of yoga, and the things that happen while people practice yoga are totally twisted from what they really should be according to Buddhist beliefs from the school of Yogacara. I think that it is wrong the way that American perceive yoga and I am aiming to prove why I think it is wrong.

One of the sources I will be analyzing is an article from  WebMD that explains what they believe are the main benefits of yoga ( http://www.webmd.com/balance/the-health-benefits-of-yoga). Another source i will be analyzing is an article from the Boston Globe that writes about a pair of men who have started teaching "Broga" classes (  http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/articles/2011/11/10/how_two_broga_enthusiasts_hope_to_make_yoga_more_accessible_for_men/?page=1). A source I will look at which supports yoga in the eye of Buddhism, is a website, http://iyengaryoga.asia//index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=1&Itemid=2, which describes a specific class of yoga based out of South East and East Asia.

I will be using Microsoft Power Point to present my project. I will play it on a loop with my voice recorded over each slide it so it is more like a video than a slideshow. This will help to keep it fluid and I will also use visual effects to keep my audience interested and also to support what I will be saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment